Why Upgrade to Home, Professional, or Enterprise?
"I used CSE HTML Validator Lite for about 3 years before buying v7. I think you are missing a big trick here! CSE Lite is excellent, and I thought the Pro version couldn't be much better. Boy, was I wrong!! You need to sing the praises of your Pro versions much more than you do. It is SO much more powerful. I just wish I had upgraded before."
Reasons for upgrading:
- Find more problems. Pinpoint more problems and potential problems in your web documents, saving you time from trying to find them manually. You'll be able to spot problems that other validators and checkers can't find.
- Get your website listed higher on search engines. Are you getting the visitors you deserve from search engines? Use the search engine messages and tips generated by the home and higher editions to help increase your search engine rankings and get more visitors and/or customers. Learn more about SEO and improving your website ranking with CSS HTML Validator...
- Keep your website visitors longer. Are your website visitors leaving your website because of problems such as broken links? Keep visitors on your website longer by removing website problems that drive them away.
- Improve your HTML knowledge. The home and higher editions are loaded with valuable advice and tips. It's like having an experienced personal tutor that thoroughly examines your HTML & CSS and gives you valuable feedback.
- Make customers happy and make more money. Do you have a business website? Use the powerful syntax checking, accessibility checking, helpful advice and tips, search engine advice, mobile checking, and link checking of the home and higher editions to create a problem-free website that your customers will appreciate. Having happy customers means having more business.
- Check your entire website with the Batch Wizard. Use the Batch Wizard in the professional and enterprise editions to quickly check your entire site for problematic HTML, CSS, broken links, and more.
Download FREE Trial Learn More...
Quick Summary Feature Chart
Back to top
About the Lite Edition
CSE HTML Validator Lite is provided free of charge for those who do not need the superior HTML & CSS syntax checking and the feature set of the home and higher editions. The lite edition is aimed at casual HTML authors such as those who have personal web pages and students AND who only want or require a cursory and superficial HTML and CSS check.
Not Included with CSE HTML Validator Lite
- Does not support the superior HTML and XHTML syntax checking capability of the home and higher editions.
- Does not support DTD based validation using an SGML parser/validator.
- Does not support the Pretty Print/Fix HTML tool to automatically reformat and fix certain problems in HTML and XHTML documents.
- Does not support accessibility checking.
- Does not support HTTP link checking or email address format checking.
- Has limited technical support. We will do our best to answer your questions about the lite edition, but we have an obligation to our registered users to give them top priority.
- Is not kept as up-to-date as the home and higher editions.
- Does not include the Batch Wizard to quickly check multiple files and produce an HTML report.
- No resource window. Because of this, doesn't show a file and folder list or an HTML document's structure.
- Does not include the Configuration Editor that lets you add your own tags and attributes.
- Does not include an integrated web browser.
More Benefits of Upgrading Your Edition
- Upgrade to receive a license to use the home or higher edition. The professional edition comes with 180 days of upgrade protection. The home edition includes 90 days of upgrade protection.
- The professional edition includes the Batch Wizard to let you easily generate validation reports of multiple documents and place all the results in a single HTML file that is viewable in a browser. Check your entire web site quickly and easily!
- Includes HTTP link checking and email address syntax checking.
- Much improved syntax checking capability. Detects many more problems and offers more advice than the lite edition.
- Pretty Print/Fix HTML automatically with the Pretty Print/Fix Tool.
- Check documents with a DTD based validator that uses an SGML parser.
- Check documents for accessibility.
- Detects multiple head, body, html, and multiple uses of other problematic tags.
- Detects text that is used where it shouldn't be, such as between the head and body sections, as well as text that is in a table but is not in a td tag (a common cause of browser rendering problems).
- Offers more advice about good style, including messages about using headers in order (optional). The lite edition doesn't offer most of the advice that the home and higher editions do.
- Detects whether search engine meta tags were left out (optional).
- Detects missing title tags and head sections.
- Warns of multiple meta tags with the same name or http-equiv values.
- Detects duplicate and missing internal document links.
- Detects duplicate id values.
- Detects block-level elements used in inline elements, such as
- Detects many inline elements used within themselves, such as
<b>This is <b>bold.</b></b>.
- Warns you if you leave off or misspell http:// in a link.
- Checks the syntax of email addresses in mailto links.
- Warns you if you leave off mailto: in an email address link.
- Tells you about obsolete and deprecated tags and browser specific tags and attributes that you probably shouldn't be using.
- And many more enhancements to the validator engine and configuration; all of which significantly improve the syntax checking of the home and higher editions over the lite edition.
- Reports the validation time, number of errors, warnings, messages, validator comments, html comments, lines in document, tags, tags closed, entities, and more-- all in a single validator comment.
- Even more configurable than the lite edition; many validator messages are optional and can be disabled. You can even change a warning to an error or vice versa.
- The home and higher editions can display many more messages than the lite edition.
- Supports tag name programs to provide tremendous configurability. Tag name programs are small programs that are run every time certain tags and attributes are found in a document to perform additional syntax checks.
- The professional and enterprise editions include the Configuration Editor that lets you add your own tags and attributes and write your own tag name programs for maximum configurability. The Configuration Editor is not included with the lite or home edition.
- Priority technical support (our support is first class).
- Many large corporations and government agencies use the commercial edition.
- BOTTOM LINE: The commercial editions of CSS HTML Validator are the professional or serious amateur's choice for the best HTML, XHTML, and CSS syntax checking available.