Why Upgrade to Standard, Professional, or Enterprise?
"I used CSE HTML Validator Lite for about 3 years before buying v7. I think you are missing a big trick here! CSE Lite is excellent, and I thought the Pro version couldn't be much better. Boy, was I wrong!! You need to sing the praises of your Pro versions much more than you do. It is SO much more powerful. I just wish I had upgraded before."
Find more problems - Pinpoint more problems and potential problems in your web documents, saving you time from trying to find them manually. You'll be able to spot problems that other validators and checkers can't find.
Get your site listed higher on search engines - Are you getting the visitors you deserve from search engines? Use the search engine messages and tips generated by the standard and professional editions to help increase your search engine rankings and get more visitors and/or customers.
Keep your website visitors and customers longer - Are your website visitors and customers leaving your website because of problems such as broken links? Keep visitors on your website longer by removing website problems that drive them away. Use the Batch Wizard in the professional edition to check your entire site for problematic HTML and/or broken links.
Improve your HTML knowledge - The standard and professional editions are loaded with valuable advice and tips. It's like having an experienced personal tutor that thoroughly examines your HTML and gives you valuable feedback.
Make more money - Do you have a business website? Use the powerful syntax checking, accessibility checking, helpful advice and tips, search engine advice, and link checking of the standard and professional editions to create a problem-free website that your customers will appreciate. Having happy customers means having more business.
Download FREE Trial • Upgrade Now • Screen Shots
Quick Summary Feature Chart
*CSE HTML Validator Lite is free for personal and educational use only.
About the FREE* Version
CSE HTML Validator Lite is provided free* of charge for those who do not need the superior HTML syntax checking and the feature set of the standard or professional edition. The lite edition is aimed at casual HTML authors such as people who have personal web pages and students AND who only want or require a cursory and superficial HTML check. It is not recommended for those who want thorough syntax checking or those who also want accessibility, CSS, link, and/or spell checking. The lite edition is also not recommended for professional or business use.
*CSE HTML Validator Lite is free for personal and educational use only.
Not Included with CSE HTML Validator Lite
- Does not support the superior HTML and XHTML syntax checking capability of the standard and professional editions.
- Does not support DTD based validation using an SGML parser/validator.
- Does not support the Pretty Print/Fix HTML tool to automatically reformat and fix certain problems in HTML and XHTML documents.
- Does not support accessibility checking and CSS syntax checking.
- Does not support HTTP link checking or email address format checking.
- Does not support tag name programs. This is the main reason that the standard and professional editions have much better syntax checking than the lite edition. The tag name programs literally perform hundreds of additional checks on HTML/XHTML documents.
- Has limited technical support. AI Internet Solutions will try to answer your questions about the lite edition, but we have an obligation to our registered users to give them top priority.
- Is not kept as up-to-date as the standard and professional editions.
- Does not include the Batch Wizard to quickly check multiple files and produce an HTML report.
- No resource window. Because of this, doesn't show a file and folder list or an HTML document's structure.
- Does not include the Configuration Editor that lets you add your own tags and attributes.
- Does not support CSS, SMIL, RealText, WebTV, and WML.
- Does not include an integrated web browser.
More Benefits of Upgrading Your Edition
- Upgrade to receive a license to use the standard or professional edition. The professional edition comes with a full year of free major upgrades. The standard edition includes 60 days of free major upgrades.
- The professional edition includes the Batch Wizard to let you easily generate validation reports of multiple documents and place all the results in a single HTML file that is viewable in a browser. Check your whole web site quickly and easily!
- Includes HTTP link checking and email address syntax checking.
- Much improved syntax checking capability. Detects many more problems and offers more advice than the lite edition.
- Pretty Print/Fix HTML automatically with the Pretty Print/Fix Tool.
- Check documents with a DTD based validator that uses an SGML parser.
- Check documents for accessibility.
- Check CSS.
- Detects multiple "head", "body", "html", and multiple uses of other problematic tags.
- Detects text that is used where it shouldn't be, such as between the "head" and "body" sections, as well as text that is in a table but is not in a "td" tag (a common cause of browser rendering problems).
- Offers more advice about good style, including messages about using headers in order (optional). The lite edition doesn't offer most of the advice that the standard and professional edition do.
- Detects whether search engine "meta" tags were left out (optional).
- Detects missing "title" tags and "head" sections.
- Warns of multiple "meta" tags with the same "name" or "http-equiv" values.
- Detects duplicate and missing internal document links.
- Detects duplicate tag "id"s.
- Detects block-level elements used in inline elements, such as <b><p></b>.
- Detects many inline elements used within themselves, such as <b>This is <b>bold.</b></b>.
- Warns you if you leave off or misspell http:// in a link.
- Checks the syntax of email addresses in mailto links.
- Warns you if you leave off mailto: in an email address link.
- Tells you about obsolete tags and Internet Explorer or Netscape specific tags and attributes, such as "plaintext", "blink", and "marquee".
- And many more enhancements to the validator engine and configuration; all of which significantly improve the syntax checking of the standard and professional editions over the lite edition. For example, the configuration included with the standard and professional editions support SMIL, RealText, and WebTV.
- Reports the validation time, number of errors, warnings, messages, validator comments, html comments, lines in document, tags, tags closed, entities, and more-- all in a single validator comment.
- Even more configurable than the lite edition; many validator messages are optional and can be disabled. You can even change a warning to an error or vice versa.
- The standard and professional editions can display many more messages than the lite edition.
- Supports tag name programs to provide tremendous configurability. Tag name programs are small programs that are run every time certain tags and attributes are found in a document to perform additional syntax checks.
- The professional edition includes the Configuration Editor that lets you add your own tags and attributes and write your own tag name programs for maximum configurability. The Configuration Editor is not included with the lite or standard edition.
- Priority technical support.
- Many large corporations and government agencies have already discovered the standard or professional edition and are using it to improve their web sites (but many still need to discover it!).
- BOTTOM LINE: The commercial editions of CSE HTML Validator are the professional or serious amateur's choice for the best HTML, XHTML, and CSS syntax checking available.